Monday, December 9, 2013

I miss doing the laundry in Sweden!

You might think: Are you stupid?
Considering that we need to do the laundry, doing it here seems like a pretty tough job. You will agree with me after hearing my experience.

I have a new washing machine at home in the so called Laundry balcony. Most people in Taiwan have it like this, I guess. The machine is not super fancy and not very big, but it certainly does the job. 

I first washed a couple of new towels together with some of the new and dirty clothes. Guess what happened? All my clothes were covered with fluff from the towels! When I hang them up on the crossbar, the dust and fluff went all over the place. I was so happy having bought soft bath towels from the Japanese furniture store that's on the same floor as IKEA in Songshan. See what those damn towels did to me!

Second round, now with colored clothes. Obviously I made one mistake. I forgot to clean the filter in the washing machine. The dust and fluff from the first round were stuck to this round of clothes. All covered by fluff again.

I don't understand much of this machine.
Why do I miss doing the laundry in Sweden then?
You see, back home we have a dry cabinet or dry room. We even have a huge spinning dryer for bed sheets, towels, other non-important clothes or other items. I have never dealt with cleaning the clothes from fluff or dust. I only needed to clean the filter in the dryer.
Here, I have to hang them outside in a moist and humid environment. It's been the third day now and my pants are still not dry. I won't be going to the dry cleaner to dry my clothes. It will cost me a million in the end.

My wife gave me some tips to buy a dust roller and it helped, but I sat the entire evening cleaning that shit.

My colleagues told me to buy a small dryer for about 6000NTD (1350SEK) and put it on the balcony. No way I'm going to invest in that shit when I'm only staying for one year.

I really miss doing the laundry in Sweden!

[Edit]
After this post, I went to Carrefour to buy a Panasonic dryer which is capable of taking 5kg.
I really love doing the laundry here in Taiwan now! Haha!
Everything became so much easier since I bought this dryer for around 5000NTD. It feels wonderful to be able to do the laundry whenever we want and we can always trust that the dryer will do the job.
Of course, when the hot season came in April, it made things easier too since I still hang clothes outside. The only problem is that I need to sell my favorite purchase when we leave Taiwan. It's hard to part from such a wonderful machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment