Monday, December 9, 2013

IKEA Taiwan vs IKEA Sweden

Firstly, I will deal a bit about price differences.
People who have shopped at IKEA in Sweden might have wondered how much more expensive the same items are at IKEA abroad. I would say that the price difference depends on what things you buy. For some items, the price difference is minor. For some others, it could be quite huge.


Secondly, what differs more is for example the sizes of pillows and blankets. I will compare duo items.

              Swedish size                      Taiwanese size
Pillow:    50x60                                 50x80
Blanket:  200x240                             200x200

Of course it's nicer to sleep on bigger pillows, but the blanket feels a bit too small now.

If you buy a bed from a local Taiwanese furniture store, you will encounter bigger problems if you want to buy bed sheets or mattress from IKEA to pair up with the bed. My bed is 180x187. I tried to buy a mattress cover, but the cover is 180x200. However, luckily I could still use it.

              Swedish size                       Taiwanese size
Bed:       180x200                              180x187

The bed set I bought included 4 pillow cases and 1 sleeping sheet. I first thought that someone must have packed 2 extra pillow cases by mistake, but it turned out that it really includes 4 pcs. Either they suggest people to use 4 pillows or they suggest people to exchange the 2 pillow cases frequently.

What about bed sheets then? In Taiwan, they tend to use fitted sheets, which I really dislike. In Sweden, I'm used to flat sheets. However, the issue here is not about fitted or flat. It's about that the fitted sheet is not fitting my bed. The IKEA fitted size is 180x200 and my bed is shorter. So, it's not completely fitting, but it works anyway.


IKEA food? Ya, what about the menu at the IKEA restaurant?
The standard Swedish meatball dish and a salmon dish are present. A real cinnemon bun as well. (My favourite!)
They even sell the Swedish Julmust, which is sort of a festive soda.
Apart from that, the Taiwanese restaurant served pork knuckle! I have never seen that in at IKEA Sweden. I miss the pork steak or chicken with french fries from home!
My impression is that the prices at the IKEA restaurant is higher comparing to regular local Taiwanese restaurants.

What happens when I move back to Sweden?
I will of course bring the blanket, pillows, bed sheets and bed sets home. I can't use the blanket and the sleeping sheet though. I can keep using the bigger pillows. The fitted bed sheets are useless since my bed at home is just 160x200.

I have not dug into single bed items yet. That will probably create another headache later as well since I have another bed room with a 150x187 bed. When/If a guest is coming, I need to buy a pillow, a blanket, a bedset and a bed sheet. Damn it!

The conclusion is that everything should have followed a global standard, if there is one!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, great US Military force. Also, in his post you have given a chance to listen about US Military. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it.
    mattress buying guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? naturesoft Organic Fitted Sheets I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

    There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Read our guide if you wish.
    diysbest

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete